Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Reuben Egg Roll Wraps

This is one of my absolutely favorite foods! I have to cut myself off when I make them, or I will end up eating them until I give myself a stomach ache, LOL!

 Reuben Egg Rolls

1 1/2 cups, sauerkraut, drained
1 1/2 teaspoon, caraway seeds
6 oz. deli corned beef, cut into strips
4 oz. Swiss Cheese, cut into strips
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 egg, beaten with 1 Tablespoon of water
8-9 egg roll wrappers
mustard
1 cup vegetable oil
Thousand Island dressing (for dipping)

1.Saute sauerkraut and caraway seeds over medium-high heat, until most of the liquid is evaporated and kraut begins to brown. stir in lemon juice, set aside. 
2.Prepare egg wash and preheat oil to medium-high. 
3. Set egg roll wrapper in front of you with corner facing you, brush around edges with egg wash. 
Place 3 tablespoons of kraut, 2 strips of cheese, and 2 strips of corned beef. drizzle with a little bit of mustard. 
4. Fold up the side edges first, and then roll up like an egg roll, sealing on the ends. 
5. Fry on all sides until golden brown, drain,and serve with Thousand Island dressing!



No comments:

Post a Comment